So I intended to publish this post yesterday, but I couldn’t because I was busy pretending to have a life. I wanted to write this yesterday because – prepare to have your mind blown – there’s only six more days until this blog’s one year anniversary! Hallelujah! If I had published this yesterday I could have made it super climatic by saying “one week” as opposed to “six more days”, however, I’ll still make an awesome post about this blog and me and you guys and the color mauve on the 16th.
For now though, I have some questions I’d love to hear your responses to. The first four are the ones I am really curious about and the last one is more for fun (or for you to announce how much of a freak I am, that’s okay too). These are open to everyone, including my subscribers, readers, commenters, and anyone who happens to stumble by. Think of it like a survey… or whatever you want to think of it, really. Be completely honest and don’t hold back!
1. I like to think of my blog as a mix of three different categories – book reviews, commentaries on pop, and musings about life in general. Which of the three do you like the most? Which one would you like to read more of? Is there anything else you want me to blog about? I just realized I stuffed three questions into one. Oops.
2. What do you think of my writing style? Is it immature? Pretentious? Obese? I know that it varies depending on the subject of the post, but overall, what do you think of it? Remember to be honest – I’ll be able to learn more from constructive criticism than obsequious flattery.
3. Are there any general suggestions or improvements you want to make? If so, please leave them in the comments. I’ll reward you with my everlasting love. Just kidding, I already gave that to about 30 fictional characters…
4. What is your favorite post that I’ve written? Do you have more than one? You can mention least favorites too. I’ll understand – and proceed to go cry in a corner.
5. For those of you who don’t know me in real life, what do you think of my personality? How do you think I would act like in person? This is a random one. I’m curious though.
Thanks for taking the time to answer these, it really means a lot to me to get your feedback. Once again I’ll emphasize that I appreciate constructive criticism, but please don’t say things like “Thomas, your blog sucks. No wonder you have no friends.” That would just be repetitive.